Kids Program: CREATIVE ARTS AT HOLDSWORTH
CREATIVE ARTS AT HOLDSWORTH Saturday, 17 November 2012
Bring your children to take part in Circles of Learning’s great Natural Art Collage at the Holdsworth Community Centre. Commencing at 10am, the children will be making collages from nature. Children will go on a treasure hunt in the park and have fun gathering items they see in nature, then bringing them back to the area to add to the collage. At the end of the two hours, they will be able to view their contribution to the communal collages and see it hang on the wall of the Community Centre.
Venue: Holdsworth Community Centre
Tickets: Free (booking required - Holdsworth Centre, Tel: 9302 3600)
The 1st International Alphamusic Symposium - The Power of Sound
The Power of Sound: New insights from leading clinical & complementary health pracitioners
Syposium days: Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th August 2012
Specialised, in-depth workshops: Monday 27th August 2012
The 1st International Alphamusic Symposium gathers world leading experts in drug-free brainwave therapy, relaxation techniques and related health settings to bring you the latest breakthroughs.
Explore and debate the new frontier of how music, in particular Alphamusic, can work directly in tandem with a variety of clinical and complementary modalities
Learn new techniques to enhance your modailty and give you the cutting edge in your field
Network with like-minded professionals
Enjoy beautiful surroundings and delicious food
Certificate of attendance for continuing professional development can be provided upon request
Our experienced panel of experts will share specific case studies in which they have successfully combined their particular modalities with the Alphamusic of John Levine and other music as an integral part of the therapeutic process.
You will be able to choose from a variety of lectures and workshops over a three-day period. You will also have ample opportunity for discussion and questions, to give you an inspiring and informative learning experience.
Participants and speakers will be able to return to their respective professions and colleagues with a new or enhanced understanding of Alphamusic and music generally, and with specific ideas on how they can successfully integrate it into their practices.
Catch up with the latest thinking from world leading practitioners:
• Diane Barnes, Lightning Ridge, Complimentary Therapist & Energy Healer
• Rosemary Butterworth, Sydney, Australia - Spiritual Healing and Meditation
• Amanda Gordon, Director and Senior Clinical Psychologist of Armchair Psychology Practice. Keynote speaker on Sunday 26th August.
• Danuta Jedrzejak, Krakow, Poland, expert on EEG brainwaves: How Alphamusic Affects Brainwaves
• Hayden Keys, Naturopath, Happy & Healthy Wellbeing Centre Sydney
• John Levine, creator of the world acclaimed Alphamusic system which reduces brainwaves from the stressed beta state to the calmer alpha state. John explains technical aspects of Alphamusic and its diverse applications. He is also the main organiser of the conference.
• Dr Nader Malik, Bachelor Dental Surgery (Sydney Uni), Owner of Happy Teeth Clinic, Sydney
• David John Oates, Noarlunga Centre, South Australia, Founder and Director of Reverse speech. A one day workshop will be facilitated by David on Monday 27th August…a rare opportunity!
• Judith Schulz, Sydney, Australia, Founder of Circles Of Learning - Helping struggling children at school.
• Emily Simpson, Labyrinth expert, meditation teacher and Veriditas Board Member
• Sue Woods, Manager, NSW, Australia, Aged Care High Security Dementia Facility. Full, in-depth workshop to be presented on Monday 27th August.
Checkers Conference Centre
331 Mona Vale Road
If you would like to stay at this beautiful venue over the Symposium weekend, please contact us stating that you are attending the Alphamusic Symposium. We have negotiated the preferential rate of $250 per room per night.
Will follow in our next communication.
Symposium days - Saturday & Sunday
Each day will show case six speakers plus choose up to two 1hr workshops from a choice of four.
Alphamusic in Aged Care with Sue Woods, John Levine and a very special guest lecture on Brain waves by Danuta Andrzejak.
Reverse Speech: Accessing the Unconscious with David John Oates
For more information on both these workshops please email Meg Kulpa:
You can invest in a ticket to cover one, two or all three days of the Symposium, including the Monday workshop. If you would like to participate for all three days simply add together the relevant 2 and 1 day rates.
Rate 2 days 1 day
Wise Bird Rate $399 $269
Early Bird Rate $599 $399
Standard Rate $699 $479
There are a limited number of spaces for exhibitors for the Saturday and Sunday. Be quick to avoid disappointment! For more details and to book email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to sponsor the 1st International Alphamusic Symposium then please contact John Levine at email@example.com Sponsors will receive two tickets for both the Saturday and Sunday, an exhibition stand and brochures will be distributed at the Symposium. The name and logo of your organisation will be on all offical communications regarding the 1st Symposium.
We are looking for a dedicated team of volunteers to help us make our first Symposium a great success. Please contact John at firstname.lastname@example.org and use ‘Sympozium Volunteer.
Cooper Park Community Day - Kids Healthy Food Festival
Sunday 13 November 2011
10am - 3pm
Lower Cooper Park, Woollahra (off Bunna Place)
At the Cooper Park Community Day:
• learn about sustainable gardening with Costa from Costa's Garden Odyssey
• take a morning or afternoon bus tour of four, local gardens transformed into sustainable backyards (bookings essential on 9391 7095)
• free bush walk and bush tucker walk
• come face to face with Australian wildlife
• bush tucker tastings, BBQ, kid's activities and more!
• be a Clever Kid and pot a plant with Circles of Learning
At the Kids Healthy Food Festival:
• Kids Cooking Time with Corby-Sue
• Cooking ideas with Masterchef star Courtney Roulston
• Dr Joanna McMillian talks about Healthy Kids and gives fresh cooking ideas
• Active Kids with Olympic Snowboarder Scotty James
• Go SEEK Musical Adventure Show
• Circus performance by The Pitts Family
• PLUS food markets, learn to juggle with Circus, Avalon, play on the jumping castle, games, prizes and more!
We hope you can join us!
ADHD: Alternative Decisions - Healthy Directions ™®
Workshops and talks on ADD/ADHD and related learning difficulties on topics including how to improve your child's learning abilities, overcoming allergies and maximising your ADHD child's potential.
Fay is dedicated to helping parents find solutions to their children's challenges in the areas of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), ADD, dyslexia, dyspraxia, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, eczema, allergies and food intolerances. Fay has a background in Health Sciences with: BSc (Anatomy Major) from the University of NSW, Post Graduate Diploma in Chiropractic from the Sydney College of Chiropractic, Diploma in Osteopathy from the Sydney College of Chiropractic, MSc (Honours) from Macquarie University
Workshops and talks can be arranged through Cirlces of Learning or by contacting Fay direct on http://www.adhd-alternatives.com.au
Discover Balance workshops: 5-8th and 12-15th; Sydney & Melbourne
Super Skills Winter Warmer Workshops with Dr Judy Moss. This month: Clearning the Space + Emotional Freedom Technique. Book via http://www.askjudymoss.com.au.
Discover Balance workshops: 6-9th and 12-15th.
Take advantage of the early bird special of $278.
The Magic Academy: 6-9th and 12-16th
Magic workshops for girls and boys aged 5-13 years. Enquiries and bookings to http://www.themagicacademy.com.au.
Think before you speak: 15th, Star City Casino, Sydney.
Join world thinking expert Edward de Bono, Shelley Sykes, Rob Salisbury and Judith Schulz as they discuss communication, thinking, whole brain learning and leadership. Bookings to http://www.speakers-par-excellence.com/Speakers-Par-Excellence/Events.html
Discovery Workshop for children: 11th & 18th.